BaltimoreOctober 31, 2020
Here's how you can participate with us on walk day -
1. View the Virtual Mission Moment Video, available on walk day on our Baltimore Walk home page!
2. Print out your walker bib.
3. Head out to walk 1.54 miles in recognition of the 1:54 children on the spectrum. Walk on your own, gather your family, or gather with your team. Any way that works for you is the right way to participate.
4. When you finish your miles, visit our Virtual Sponsor Village to learn about local resource providers and other event sponsors.
5. Lastly, don’t forget to post pics and tag @AutismSpeaks @AutismspeaksMaryland and #AutismSpeaksWalk on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter, and show us how you're showing your spirit. Will it be in a Halloween costume? A team tshirt? We can’t wait to see!
Have donations? Download our Autism Speaks Walk App to instantly upload your checks. Mailing in donations? Put your name and team name and mail your donation to, Autism Speaks P.O. Box 199 Rocky Hill, NJ 08553-0199.
Thank you for your continued support of Autism Speaks. Our mission to promote solutions for the needs of people with autism and their families including those in urgent need of resources right now and to drive our continued commitment to create a kinder, more inclusive world.
More About the Baltimore Walk
A Guide to Walk Day & Quiet Zone
Sometimes the environment at an Autism Speaks Walk can become overwhelming for people with sensory sensitivities. All of our Walks allow access to a quiet space that can be used as a safe outlet if you or your loved one living with autism becomes overwhelmed. We recommend finding the quiet area of your Walk when you arrive and share its location with your team for ease of access later on in the day should it be needed.
Autism Speaks Walks rely on volunteers to assist in many capacities through serving on a Walk committee. Committee volunteer opportunities include but are not limited to: team and participant recruitment and fundraising mentors, corporate sponsorship outreach, Walk media outreach, school outreach and more. You can recruit your friends, family and coworkers to become a part of the Walk committee! To learn more contact Sarah Goldstein, Field Development Manager: email@example.com or (443) 699-8717.
If your team raises $2,500 or more by October 1, 2020, your team will receive reserved space in the Autism Speaks Walk Team Village. There are a variety of benefits that come with having a spot in the Team Village. Benefits include:
* 10x10 tent with table and chairs
*Case of Bottled Water
*Personalized Team Sign
The Grand Club
What is the Grand Club?
The Grand Club recognizes fundraisers for Autism Speaks Walk who raise at least $1000 or more prior to or at Walk day.
Grand Club members receive special benefits that may include:
- Names listed on Walk website
- Commemorative Grand Club Pin
- Special recognition at Walk and Awards Reception
- And many more benefits!
- Add your name to the list!
The success of Autism Speaks Walk depends on the dedication and support of its volunteers. Volunteers assist in many capacities - checking in participants, providing encouragement at water stops and cleaning up after the event which in turn reduces event costs and drives more funds directly to the mission. You can recruit friends, family and coworkers to form a volunteer team!
Volunteer as a Team
Recruit your friends, family and coworkers to form a volunteer team. We'll do our best to assign you to the same area so you can spend the day together. Please remind each member of your team to register online so that we know how many people to plan for. Include your team name in the available field and we will know you are together.
Volunteer as an Individual
Make new friends as you play an integral role in making your city's Autism Speaks Walk event a success.
You can also volunteer before the Walk. Select this option toward the bottom of the form. We will put you in touch with the Event Chairperson so they can help you get more involved.
Check out our News and Updates page for more information about the Walk on Wheels and Virtual Walk options!