The Bridges Ride for Autism will be on Sunday, July 15, 2018. This is a bike ride through Brooklyn, Queens and Manhattan and also a walk over the Brooklyn Bridge for those that do not ride. The event begins and ends in lower Manhattan at the South Street Seaport. Check-in is 7:30AM to 8:15AM. The ride leaves 8:30AM sharp- Walk follows at 9AM. ALL Riders and Walkers must pre-register online to participate.
The ride route will go over the following bridges with spectacular views:
- Brooklyn & Manhattan Bridges
- Williamsburg & Pulaski Bridges
- Queensboro (Ed Koch) Bridge
- Central Park, Hudson Greenway
- Cruise Ships, Intrepid, Chelsea Piers
- Freedom Tower, 9/11 Memorial
- Battery Park, Statue of Liberty
- Ferry Terminals, East River Bikeway!
This is a “bike ride” NOT a race. Please do not speed and be courteous to fellow bikers, pedestrians and other motor vehicle traffic. Most of the route follows NYC Bike Paths and dedicated Bike Lanes. There will be an official “cue sheet” distributed the morning of the ride detailing turns and distances. The complete bike ride is about 24 miles. The walk is 5K over the Brooklyn Bridge and back.
Ride/Walk Registration Fees
- Early Ride Registration $75 until June 1, ride will increase to $100 after June 1
- Early Walk Registration $50 until June 1, walk will increase to $75 after June 1
Participants will receive an event t-shirt and other items from event sponsors while supplies last.
Autism Speaks will be our primary charity along with other local autism support groups. The registration fee is your only cost. However riders and walkers are encouraged to have supporters donate to their ride/walk by joining teams or individually donating upon their behalf.
Participants that are “top” donors will receive awards for their efforts!
To register click on REGISTER link above.
Currently registration is limited and is first come first served.