Atlanta WalkSunday, August 30, 2020
Thank you for joining us for the virtual Autism Speaks Atlanta Walk in partnership with the Marcus Autism Center.
We hope you enjoyed your day celebrating your loved one with autism. If you haven’t already, send us your photos via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or on social @autismspeaks, @autismspeaksga and tagging #autismspeakswalk.
Our walk site remains open to collect donations at any time!
- Check to see if your employer will double the donation! Check here.
- Continue to fundraise to receive your post walk incentives. You have 30 days post walk to continue to fundraise (September 29th). After the 30 days you will receive an email to select your prize and shipping info.
- Deposit checks via the Walk App and instantly get credit towards your fundraising goal.
- Don’t forget to thank your walk donors by sending an email or using our thank you cards.
- Prefer to mail your checks in? Be sure to list your name and team name and mail your donations to Autism Speaks "Atlanta Walk" P. O. Box 199, Rocky Hill, NJ 08553-0199.
If at any point you raise your $150, we would be happy to mail you your commemorative walk day t-shirt. Please let us know at email@example.com.
We are working quickly on updates for our 2021 walk season. Please continue to check back on this page for announcements and more details.
Our work to support people with autism and their families is more important than ever, and we simply can’t do it without you. Thank you for your continued donations and support of Autism Speaks.
More About the Atlanta Walk
A Guide to Walk Day & Quiet Zone
Sometimes the environment at an Autism Speaks Walk can become overwhelming for people with sensory sensitivities. All of our Walks allow access to a quiet space that can be used as a safe outlet if you or your loved one living with autism becomes overwhelmed. We recommend finding the quiet area of your Walk when you arrive and share its location with your team for ease of access later on in the day should it be needed. You can find more information about the walk on the news and updates page here.
Autism Speaks Walks rely on volunteers to assist in many capacities through serving on a Walk committee. Committee volunteer opportunities include but are not limited to: team and participant recruitment and fundraising mentors, corporate sponsorship outreach, Walk media outreach, school outreach and more. You can recruit your friends, family and coworkers to become a part of the Walk committee! To learn more reach out to Kaitlyn Morris at Kaitlyn.Morris@autismspeaks.org or 770-451-0570 x 77964
If your team raises $7,500 or more by August 19th 2020, your team will receive reserved space in the Autism Speaks Walk Team Village / Grand Club area.
Teams raising $7,500 or more will receive:
1. 10x10 tent, 1 table & 2 chairs
2. Meeting space and access for all members of your team
3. Access to private restrooms
4. Snacks/Water in Team Village / Grand Club area
5. Photo time from event photographer for official team photo
6. Tent sign
Team Village teams are highly encouraged to decorate their team tent to represent why you Walk for Autism Speaks. Teams raising $7,500 AFTER August 19th will not be accommodated with private tent but will still receive access to Team Village / Grand Club area. Popup tents in any capacity are not permitted.
The Grand Club
What is the Grand Club?
The Grand Club recognizes fundraisers for Autism Speaks Walk who raise at least $1000 or more prior to or at Walk day.
Grand Club members receive special benefits that may include:
- Names listed on Walk website
- Commemorative Grand Club Pin
- Special recognition at Walk and Awards Reception
- And many more benefits!
- Add your name to the list!
The success of Autism Speaks Walk depends on the dedication and support of its volunteers. Volunteers assist in many capacities - checking in participants, providing encouragement at water stops and cleaning up after the event which in turn reduces event costs and drives more funds directly to the mission. You can recruit friends, family and coworkers to form a volunteer team!
Volunteer as a Team
Recruit your friends, family and coworkers to form a volunteer team. We'll do our best to assign you to the same area so you can spend the day together. Please remind each member of your team to register online so that we know how many people to plan for. Include your team name in the available field and we will know you are together.
Volunteer as an Individual
Make new friends as you play an integral role in making your city's Autism Speaks Walk event a success.
You can also volunteer before the Walk. Select this option toward the bottom of the form. We will put you in touch with the Event Chairperson so they can help you get more involved.