Walk News and Updates
We look forward to seeing you on Saturday, May 19th
473 Watchung Ave.
Bloomfield, NJ 07003
(use this address for GPS)
**Please note, walk is RAIN or SHINE!
Just some things to know for Saturday
- Parking is available in both the upper and lower lots, as well as street parking within the park. If you have any questions/concerns, volunteers & Police will be walking around.
- Registration opens at 9am!
- Every team member must be registered!
- Children under the age of 16 must be registered. Kids Cards will be available at the registration tent.
- You may turn in any donations at this time. Cash, checks, credit cards and money orders will be accepted.
- Feel free to visit our sponsors, the kids zone and food truck row!
- Individuals who have raised over $150 will receive an Autism Speaks Walk Day Shirt. T-shirt tickets will be given at the registration tent.
- Individuals who have raised over $500 will receive an Autism Speaks Tribute Medallion at the registration tent.
- Individuals who have raised over $1,000 will be welcomed to the Grand Club Tent to pick up their pin and a small treat.
- Our Mission Moment program starts at 10:20am
- Walk begins promptly at 10:30am
Walk is from 11:00am – 12:30pm
- We will have post walk performances, kid’s activities, moon bounce and inflatable obstacle course!
- The walk is about 1 mile long
- PLEASE LEAVE ALL PETS AT HOME. Service pets are welcomed.
- Light Refreshments and water will be available, and Food Trucks will have items available for purchase. A portion of the proceeds will be donated to the Autism Speaks Northern New Jersey Walk.
Sometimes the environment at an Autism Speaks Walk can become overwhelming for people with sensory sensitivities. All of our walks allow access to a quiet space that can be used as a safe outlet if you or your loved one living with autism becomes overwhelmed. We recommend finding the quiet area of your walk when you arrive and share its location with your team for ease of access later on in the day should it be needed.