Greater AustinSaturday, November 7, 2020
We're so glad you decided to join us for the Autism Speaks Greater Austin Walk. Here’s how you can participate with us on Walk Day:
1. View the Virtual Mission Moment Video, available on Walk Day. Want to watch it with us? Join us on Zoom: Meeting ID: 988 9061 7219, Passcode: 280030
2. Print out your walker bibs.
3. Head out to walk 1.54 miles in recognition of the 1:54 children on the spectrum. Walk on your own, gather your family, or gather with your team. Any way that works for you in the right way to participate.
4. When you finish your miles, visit our Virtual Sponsor Village to learn about local resource providers and other event sponsors.
5. Lastly, don’t forget to post pics and tag @AutismSpeaks and #AutismSpeaksWalkATX on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter and show us how you’re showing your spirit.
Have donations? Download our Autism Speaks Walk App to instantly upload your checks. Mailing in donations? Put your name and team name and mail your donation to: Autism Speaks, P.O. Box 199, Rocky Hill, NJ 08553-0199.
Thank you for your continued support of Autism Speaks and our mission to promote solutions for the needs of people with autism and their families including those in urgent need of resources right now and to drive our continued commitment to create a kinder, more inclusive world.
Saturday, November 7, 2020
Virtual Event: we’ll be sharing all the ways that you can walk from where you are!~Austin, TX 78728
Check our Walk News and Updates for the most up-to date information ~ Stay tuned for more details!
Greater Austin GOAL
More About the Greater Austin Walk
A Guide to Walk Day & Quiet Zone
Sometimes the environment at an Autism Speaks Walk can become overwhelming for people with sensory sensitivities. All of our Walks allow access to a quiet space that can be used as a safe outlet if you or your loved one living with autism becomes overwhelmed. We recommend finding the quiet area of your Walk when you arrive and share its location with your team for ease of access later on in the day should it be needed.
Autism Speaks Walks rely on volunteers to assist in many capacities through serving on a Walk committee. Committee volunteer opportunities include but are not limited to: team and participant recruitment and fundraising mentors, corporate sponsorship outreach, Walk media outreach, school outreach and more. You can recruit your friends, family and coworkers to become a part of the Walk committee! To learn more reach out to your local Autism Speaks Walk staff member.
Team Village is a prestigious group of teams that raise $1,000 or more for the Autism Speaks Walk. You and your team will receive the following:
* Reserved team tent for you and your team to personalize and decorate! (*Funds must be raised and posted to Walk website 2 weeks prior to Walk)
* Opportunity to have Team Photo taken in the Team Village Area (avoid the lines!)
* Team Sign to carry on Walk Route (*Funds must be raised and posted to Walk website 2 weeks prior to Walk)
The Grand Club
What is the Grand Club?
The Grand Club recognizes fundraisers for Autism Speaks Walk who raise at least $1000 or more prior to or at Walk day.
Grand Club members receive special benefits that may include:
- Names listed on Walk website
- Commemorative Grand Club Pin
- Special recognition at Walk and Awards Reception
- And many more benefits!
- Add your name to the list!
The success of Autism Speaks Walk depends on the dedication and support of its volunteers. Volunteers assist in many capacities - checking in participants, providing encouragement at water stops and cleaning up after the event which in turn reduces event costs and drives more funds directly to the mission. You can recruit friends, family and coworkers to form a volunteer team!
Volunteer as a Team
Recruit your friends, family and coworkers to form a volunteer team. We'll do our best to assign you to the same area so you can spend the day together. Please remind each member of your team to register online so that we know how many people to plan for. Include your team name in the available field and we will know you are together.
Volunteer as an Individual
Make new friends as you play an integral role in making your city's Autism Speaks Walk event a success.
You can also volunteer before the Walk. Select this option toward the bottom of the form. We will put you in touch with the Event Chairperson so they can help you get more involved.