Walk News and Updates
Sometimes the environment at an Autism Speaks Walk can become overwhelming for people with sensory sensitivities. All of our walks allow access to a quiet space that can be used as a safe outlet if you or your loved one living with autism becomes overwhelmed. We recommend finding the quiet area of your walk when you arrive and share its location with your team for ease of access later on in the day should it be needed.
In-Person or Virtual. Your Choice.
As of now, we're moving forward in hosting a Walk in-person and virtual. It's your choice.
The in-person Walk will take place at Atlantic Station on Sunday, October 10, 2021, with registration opening at 8a.m. 2020 taught us that — near or far — our community is best when we can rally together. Whether you choose in-person or virtual, it’s going to be a great day!
We're monitoring the positivity rate of COVID-19 (daily and weekly averages) in our area and following all local and state COVID protocols. The safety of our volunteers and participants is very important. We'll update this page and send notifications should it become necessary to switch to a fully virtual event.
In addition to fundraising to support the autism community by furthering the mission of Autism Speaks, you can share your story, connect with others, and earn great prizes. Ready to get started? If you haven't already, register today and stay tuned for more information on how we’ll come together this month.
Senior Manager - Field Development
Here's how to get started:
- All participants must be registered in order to have a contactless experience on walk day. That includes, kiddos & grandparents. (On step 5, you can register additional family members who might not have an email) Register for the Autism Speaks Atlanta Walk here.
- Once you've registered, you will gain access to your Fundraising Center, where you can:
- Customize your fundraising page with a photo and your reason for participating
- Set a fundraising goal to help propel our mission forward; and
- Link your Participant Center to your Facebook Fundraiser — allowing you to harness the power of your network to help you reach your goal.
- Then, tell your friends and family, and start fundraising!
- Check out the activities leading up to Walk day on social media @autismspeaksga #autismspeakswalk
We will celebrate on Sunday, October 10, 2021 in-person and virtually.
The autism community has been profoundly impacted by the challenges brought on by the COVID-19 pandemic, including disruptions in routines, financial stress, limited access to necessary services and supports, and so much more. Now more than ever, people with autism need your support.
Fundraising Rewards – Earn fun prizes!
- Any individual participant who raises $150 or more will receive a Walk T-shirt
- Any individual participant who raises $500 or more will receive a Tribute Medallion
- Any individual participant who raises $1,000 or more will receive a Grand Club pin
- Anyone who raise between $250-$10,000 will qualify for these great prizes! *
- *You have 30 days post walk to continue to fundraise for these great prizes and you will receive an email to select item, size (if applicable) and mailing address. These items WILL NOT be available on walk day.
- Any team that raises $3,500 or more by October 4th will have access to the Team Village and automatically receive a tent and a table on walk day!
Event Day Program Guide
- 7:30am - Parking Garage Opens (To enter the venue, please follow signs to P2 - Purple/Red - Regal Cinemas)
- 8:00am - Venue Opens (sensory friendly. Not all activities will be open)
- 9:00am - Opening Ceremonies Begin
- 9:30am - Walk begins
- 11:30am - Event Concludes
We suggest parking close to stairwell #3 & #4 (purple) on P2.
Event Day Route Map
Walk route is approx 1.7 miles and is a rolling walk - officers, might ask you to stop for traffic. One water stop will be available on route. Walkers are welcome to bring wagons, strollers, walking devices, wheelchairs etc. DO NOT bring your pet unless a certified service animal - proper validation is required to be on service animal.
Event Day Map
Wondering where everything will be on walk day? Here is a working draft of our event. Keep in mind, this map might change. Be sure to check out the TEAM PHOTOS areas where you can snap a photo with the ATL skyline.
Turning in Donations
- Cash Donations: convert to a money order or check and follow instructions below.
- Check Donations
- Deposit using our mobile app and skip the effort of mailing them in! Scan checks directly from your phone and they’ll be instantly credited to your fundraising page.
- Mail checks to the address below along with a completed contribution tracking form. Mailed donations will be credited to your fundraising page in 2-3 weeks.
P.O. Box 199
Rocky Hill, NJ 08553-0199