Soon we will come together as a community at the Laurel Highlands Walk — to connect, inspire, and celebrate people with autism and the parents, grandparents, siblings, friends, relatives, and providers who support them. We can’t wait to see you at Idlewild Park on Saturday, September 10, 2022.
Here are a few things we want you to know: Please share this information with your teammates and supporters.
The Autism Speaks Walk is a FREE event. It is also our largest fundraising event, and we ask participants to fundraise or donate to help fuel our mission and achieve our goal.
- Venue: Idlewild Park, Storybook Forest.
- Arrive Early! Registration and the Resource Area open at 10:00 a.m. Opening Ceremonies begin at 10:50 a.m. with the Walk immediately following through Storybook Forest. Strollers, wheelchairs, and wagons are permitted. We walk rain or shine!
- Parking: Parking is free. Participants are encouraged to park in Parking Lot C, shown on this map, and there will be signs posted to direct you there. Click here to print or download the free parking pass and be ready to show it at the gate (either a printed copy or a download on your phone is fine!).
- Check-In/Registration Area: Registration opens at 10:00 a.m. and we ask all participants to check in here. Donations will also be collected in this location.
- Registration: You can register in advance online or in person at the event. If registering at the event, you’ll be asked to complete a registration form in the Registration Area. Donation forms will also be available. Please note: if you register online the day before the Walk or on Walk-day morning, your name may not appear on the printed registration forms for check-in.
- Donations: If you have money to turn in on Walk Day, please do that at the Registration Area. All cash and check donations collected to date should be turned in at the Walk. Donation Forms with your supporter ID can be printed from your Fundraising Center on the Walk website and you can bring those with you along with your donations. After the Walk, please mail any remaining donations to Autism Speaks – 1060 State Road, 2nd floor, Princeton, NJ 08540.
- T-Shirts: All walkers who INDIVIDUALLY FUNDRAISE $150 or more will receive an official 2022 Laurel Highlands Autism Speaks Walk t-shirt.
- Snacks and Refreshments: After walking through Storybook Forest, visit the food pavilion for packaged snacks, water and juice (while supplies last).
- Resource Area: You’ll have the chance to visit local service providers and members of the local autism community in our Resource Area where they’ll be sharing information about their services and programs and providing fun activities for children of all ages. The Resource Area will open at 10:00 a.m. and be located near registration.
- Safety: There will be volunteers and park officials making sure everyone who participates in the Walk is safe and secure, but we also ask each adult to help us ensure the safety of all children and anyone who may need additional supervision. Please do not leave children alone at any of the activities, food areas, playgrounds or in the park.
- Lost Child: In the event you find a lost child or a parent looking for a child, stay with that parent or child, and take him/her to the Registration table. Autism Speaks staff and onsite security will be notified from there.
- Inclement Weather: We walk RAIN or SHINE! Please come prepared for any type of weather – be it rain gear or sunglasses and sunscreen (let’s hope for the latter).
We are looking forward to seeing all of you on Saturday, September 10, 2022!