Sunday, October 9th
Boston Common - 0 Charles St, Boston, MA 02116
• This is the address to the main parking garage located under Boston Common
9:00am Registration Opens
10:00am Stage Program
10:15am Walk Begins
11:30pm Event concludes
Food: We will have free snacks and water for all participants.
Pets: We must ask that you refrain from bringing pets to this event as many of our kids may have difficulty with unfamiliar animals. Only exception is certified service dogs.
Turning in Donations on Walk Day: If you have not already sent in your donations, you can turn them in on Walk Day at the registration tent. You will be provided an envelope at the table. Please make sure you fill the envelope out completely to ensure your donation is credited correctly. Donations should appear online approximately 2-4 weeks after Walk Day. You can also scan in checks on the walk app and have them credited to your walk page in live, real time.
Other important notes:
- There will be staff, volunteers and police officers making sure that everyone who participates in the Walk is safe and secure, but we would also ask each adult to help us ensure the safety of all children and individuals who may need additional supervision.
- Please do not leave children alone at any of the activities or food areas
- Please remember this event takes place RAIN OR SHINE. So if we have rain on Walk day be sure to come prepared – we will be there!
- A team photo area will be available on walk day. Please check back to our Facebook page to see photos a couple weeks after the walk! Our New England Chapter Instagram handle is at @autismspeaksnewengland. Please hashtag all photos and posts on ANY social media outlets – we will be tacking all hashtags, number of impressions and grabbing photos from there too! And remember, always use #AutismSpeaks on all photos and posts!