News & Updates
We can't wait to see you at the 2023 Atlanta Walk! We hope this information helps prepare you for what to expect on Walk Day. The Autism Speaks Walk is FREE to attend, but it's also our largest fundraising event powering the mission of Autism Speaks.
Funds raised help fuel innovative research and make connections to critical lifelong supports and services. Your fundraising efforts empower our work and fuel our commitment to creating an inclusive world where all people with autism, across the spectrum and throughout the lifespan, can reach their full potential. If you haven't already, click the button above to REGISTER and join us.
Erin Turner, Senior Field Development Manager
Event Day Details
Walk Day schedule is on the home page of this website (or below if you're already on the home page). Arrive early to ensure you have time to visit our sponsors and service providers. The event will end promptly at 11 a.m. due to an evening baseball game.
Snacks and Refreshments: We will provide bottled water, packaged snacks, and fresh fruit (while supplies last). There are also restaurants around The Battery.
Safety and Comfort:
- Sometimes, the environment at an Autism Speaks Walk can become overwhelming for people with sensory sensitivities. All of our walks allow access to a quiet space that can be used as a safe outlet if you or your loved one living with autism becomes overwhelmed.
- There will be volunteers, staff, security, and police making sure everyone who participates in the Walk is safe. If you find a lost child or a parent looking for a child, please stay with that parent or child and take them to the Check-In/Registration tent. Autism Speaks staff and onsite security will be notified from there.
- We walk RAIN or SHINE, so please come prepared. Pack your sunscreen and your raincoat!
- The address is shown above. You may click on it to see a map with additional details.
- The Walk is about a mile long around Battery Avenue. Strollers, wheelchairs, and wagons are welcome.
- Parking is free for the first three hours. Participants are encouraged to park in the Red, Green, Silver, Yellow, and purple decks.
- Click here for a site map
Find more information on this site:
- Check out the prizes you can earn by fundraising
- Fundraising tips, including how to start a Facebook fundraiser
- Social media tools. Don't forget to tag us: @AutismspeaksGA #AutismSpeaksWalk
- Sponsorship opportunities
Turning in donations:
You can turn in cash and checks on Walk day, or if you prefer to send them in advance, convert the cash donations to a money order or check and follow these instructions. Don’t forget to complete a contribution tracking form to ensure you receive credit for the fundraising!
You can also deposit checks using our mobile app for immediate credit to your fundraising page.
Questions? Please contact Erin Turner, Senior Manager, at 470-924-0639 or erin.turner@AutismSpeaks.org,