Walk News and Updates
Soon we will come together as a community to celebrate, connect, and inspire - The Laurel Highlands Autism Speaks Walk is powered by the love of people with autism and the parents, grandparents, siblings, friends, relatives, and providers who support them.
We can’t wait to see you at Idlewild Park on Sunday, September 12, 2021 for the Laurel Highlands Walk.
Here are a few things we want you to know: Please share this information with your teammates and supporters.
The Autism Speaks Walk is a FREE event; however, the Walk is our largest fundraising event. We ask participants to fundraise or donate to help fuel our mission and achieve our goal.
• Venue: Idlewild Park, Storybook Forest.
• Arrive Early! Registration and the Resource Area open at 10:00 a.m. Opening Ceremonies begin at 10:50 a.m. with the Walk immediately following. We Walk through Storybook Forest. Strollers, wheelchairs, and wagons are permitted. We Walk rain or shine!
• Parking: Parking is free. Participants are encouraged to park in parking lot C. There will be signs posted to direct you to our reserved parking lot. CLICK HERE to print parking pass and view park map.
• Check-In/Registration: Registration opens at 10:00 a.m. Donations will be collected at registration. All participants need to check-in at Registration.
• Registration: You can register online up until Walk day. Participants who register the day before the Walk and on Walk day may not show up on the registration reports printed for check-in. If registering the day of Walk, look for the onsite registration area to complete the registration form. Donation forms will be available.
• Discounted Admission Tickets to Idlewild Park: see below for more information and link.
• Donations: If you have money to turn in on Walk Day, please turn it in at Registration. All cash and check donations collected to date should be turned in at the Walk. The Donation Forms with your supporter ID can also be printed from each pre-registered participant’s individual webpage and taken to Registration. Please mail all donations to Autism Speaks – 1060 State Road, 2nd floor, Princeton, NJ 08540
• T-Shirts: All walkers who INDIVIDUALLY COLLECT $150 or more receive an official 2021 Laurel Highlands Autism Speaks Walk t-shirt.
• Snacks and Refreshments: After walking through Storybook Forest, visit the food pavilion for package snacks, water, and juice (while supplies last).
• Resource Area: We have local service providers and members of the local autism community registered to participate in our Resource Area, sharing information about their services and programs, and providing fun activities for children of all ages. The Resource Area will open at 10:00 a.m. and is located near registration.
• Safety: There will be volunteers and park officials making sure everyone who participates in the Walk is safe and secure, but we also ask each adult to help us ensure the safety of all children and individuals who may need additional supervision. Please do not leave children alone at any of the activities, food areas, playgrounds or in the park.
• Lost Child: In the event you find a lost child or a parent looking for a child, stay with that parent or child, and take him/her to the Registration table. Autism Speaks staff and onsite security will be notified from there.
• Inclement Weather: We walk RAIN or SHINE! Please come prepared for any type of weather – be it rain gear or sunglasses and sunscreen (let’s hope for the latter).
Walk participants can purchase DISCOUNTED Admission Tickets to Idlewild Park; available for purchase ONLINE ONLY. DISCOUNTS ARE NOT AVAILABLE AT GATE AND WILL NOT BE SOLD AT THE WALK. A portion of this ticket price is donated to Autism Speaks. CLICK HERE TO PURCHASE TICKETS. You do not need to purchase Idlewild admission tickets to participate in the Autism Speaks Laurel Highlands Walk.
We are looking forward to seeing all of you on Sunday, September 12, 2021!
DON'T FORGET... Team Banner Challenge:
Want to qualify for your very own Team Banner to carry on Walk Day this year? Click here for more information.
Step 1: Team Captains - Register your team today
Step 2: Team Captains - Set your Team Goal
Step 3: Everyone - Get family and friends to join your Team and start fundraising
Raise $10,000+ Gold Level
Raise $5,000 Silver Level
Raise $2,500 Bronze Level