Walk News and Update
Are you ready to walk with us at…
The 2021 Autism Speaks North Shore Walk!
Outlined below are some helpful tips to assist you with your walk preparation, and we ask you to review the details carefully.
- All attendees with donations or those who would like to make donations and those that have earned walk day incentives are encouraged to go to the registration tent. (Please note that fundraising incentives received on walk day are for those who raise $150 or more individually as a walker, not your team total combined.)
- Check out this year's Guide to Walk Day ahead of attending the Walk this Sunday, October 24th.
Sunday, October 24th
UL, LLC Headquarters
333 Pfingsten Road
Northbrook, IL 60062
9:00am Registration and Activities
10:00am Opening Ceremonies
10:15am Walk Begins
Entertainment & Activities
- High Five Choir
- Coloring/Tattoo Station
- Photobooth with fun photo props
We are excited to have DJ Famous back with us as our walk emcee!
- Parking for the North Shore Walk will be right on the UL Campus. Parking will be both plentiful and free. *Please enter via the S. Pfingston gate. The entrance is just south of Maria Ave of Pfingston.
- The Walk Route will be about a lovely scenic walk through the beautiful campus at Underwritiers Laboratories. We encourage you to bring strollers, wagons, etc. for your children.
- We will have free granola bars, fruit and water for all participants post walk.
- We must ask that you refrain from bringing pets to this event as many of our kids may have difficulty with unfamiliar animals. Again, no pets allowed at during this event. The only exception is certified service dogs.
Turning in Donations on Walk Day
- If you have not already sent in your donations, you can turn them in on Walk Day at the registration tent. You will be provided an envelope at the registration tent. Please make sure you fill the envelope out completely to ensure your donation is credited correctly. Donations should appear online approximately 2-4 weeks after Walk Day. You can also scan in checks on the walk app and have them credited to your walk page in real time!
- Please bring your Participant/Supporter ID # information to the Walk, as it helps us accurately process and allocate all the donations you raised for you and your team! Your Participant/Supporter ID # is located on your walk website HQ
Other Important Notes
- There will be volunteers in green colored shirts making sure that everyone who participates in the Walk is safe and secure, but we would also ask each adult to help us ensure the safety of all children and individuals who may need additional supervision.
- Please do not leave children alone at any of the activities, quiet area or food areas. If you have any additional safety concerns please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Lost Child area is at Volunteer Check in
- Remember this event takes place RAIN OR SHINE. So if we have rain on Walk day be sure to come prepared – we will be there!
- A team photo area will be available on walk day. Please check back to our Facebook page to see photos a couple weeks after the walk! We will provide a link to access walk photos Our NorthShore Instagram handle is at @autismspeakschicago. Please hashtag all photos and posts on ANY social media outlets as #ASNS – we will be tracking all hashtags, number of impressions and grabbing photos from there too! And remember, always use #AutismSpeaks on all photos and posts too!