News & Updates
As of 9/8/2023
We can’t wait to see you at the Broward County Walk! In addition to fundraising to support the autism community by furthering the mission of Autism Speaks, you can share your story, connect with others and earn great prizes. If you haven’t already, click the register button above to get started.
Carolina Lizarralde, Area Executive Director, Florida
Event Day Details:
Walk Day schedule is on the home page of this site (or below if you're already on the home page)
- Every Autism Speaks event follows an Event Day and Public Gathering Protocol and Safety Checklist. If you are interested in learning more about our safety plan please contact us at Florida@autismspeaks.org.
- Sometimes the environment at an Autism Speaks Walk can become overwhelming for people with sensory sensitivities. All of our walks allow access to a quiet space that can be used as a safe outlet if you or your loved one living with autism becomes overwhelmed. We recommend finding the quiet area of your walk when you arrive and sharing its location with your team for ease of access later on in the day should it be needed.
- All participants will enter through Gate 1 or 2 starting at 6:45 a.m. (Gate 5 will be closed starting at 9:30 a.m.)
- Vendors and Volunteer will enter through Gate 1 starting at 5:45 am
- Click here for a site map showing gates, parking, Walk route, location of sponsors, restrooms, water, and more.
- Please note that while the location of the Broward County Walk has not changed, FLA Live Arena had a recent name change to Amerant Bank Arena. Address: 1 Panther Parkway, Sunrise, FL 33323
Find more information on this site:
- Check out the fundraising prizes you can earn with your fundraising
- Fundraising tips, including how to start a Facebook fundraiser
- Social media tools
- Sponsorship opportunities
Turning in donations:
You can turn in cash and checks on Walk day, or if you prefer to send them in advance, convert the cash donations to a money order or check and follow these instructions. Don’t forget to complete a contribution tracking form to ensure you receive credit for the fundraising!
You can also deposit checks using our mobile app for immediate credit to your fundraising page.