News & Updates
As of 11/1/2023
We can’t wait to see you at the Autism Speaks Miami Walk! In addition to fundraising to support the autism community by furthering the mission of Autism Speaks, you can share your story, connect with others and earn great prizes. If you haven’t already, click the register button above to get started.
Carolina Lizarralde, Area Executive Director, Florida
Walk Day Details:
Walk Day schedule is on the home page of this site (or below if you're already on the home page)
- The top fundraising teams and individuals will be recognized during our Opening Ceremony starting at 9:15 a.m.
- The top fundraising and largest school teams will be recognized on stage during our Closing Ceremony at 10:15 a.m.
- We expect over 1,500 participants, so plan on arriving on time! The event begins at 8 a.m.
- Participants will enter the Miami-Dade Fair and Expo Center at SW 112th Ave and Coral Way as shown on this map.
- Vendors, volunteers and sponsors will park in the Sponsors, Vendors and Volunteers Lot.
- Click here for a site map showing gates, parking, Walk route, location of sponsors, restrooms, water, and more.
Our Fun Zone will have activities for everyone to enjoy, including mini golf, cornhole, ball pits, Hoop Zone, and a 360 photo booth!
Commemorative Walk shirts will be available for pick up for individual participants who raise $150 or more.
- Every Autism Speaks event follows an Event Day and Public Gathering Protocol and Safety Checklist. If you are interested in learning more about our safety plan please contact us at Florida@autismspeaks.org.
- Sometimes the environment at an Autism Speaks Walk can become overwhelming for people with sensory sensitivities. All of our walks allow access to a quiet space that can be used as a safe outlet if you or your loved one living with autism becomes overwhelmed. We recommend finding the quiet area of your walk when you arrive and sharing its location with your team for ease of access later on in the day should it be needed.
Find more information on this site:
- Check out the fundraising prizes you can earn with your fundraising
- Fundraising tips, including how to start a Facebook fundraiser
- Social media tools
- Sponsorship opportunities
Turning in donations:
You can turn in cash and checks on Walk day, or if you prefer to send them in advance, convert the cash donations to a money order or check and follow these instructions. Don’t forget to complete a contribution tracking form to ensure you receive credit for the fundraising!
You can also deposit checks using our mobile app for immediate credit to your fundraising page.